Change My Information
- Log onto RAMweb
- Select “Manage My Student Record”
- Select “Change My Address”
- Once you are redirected, choose either Mailing Address or Local Address
- Fill in the blanks for your new address and then click “Validate”
- It will return to ask you to select one of the addresses listed or click on “Submit”
Legal Name, Social Security Number, Legal Gender or Sex Marker, and/or Date of Birth Changes
- Log onto RAMweb or RAMrecords
- Select the “Manage My Student Records” link under the Records section
- On the next page, select “Legal Name,” “Social Security Number,”Legal Gender or Sex Marker,” or “Date of Birth,” depending on what you would like to change.
- Complete the online form and upload the required documentation through the secure document upload.
Preferred First Name
In keeping with CSU’s Principles of Community, we recognize students may choose to be known by a preferred first name other than their legal name. Preferred first names may be a middle name, anglicized name, one in alignment with a student’s gender identity, a professional name, or a nickname.
Preferred first names are displayed alongside legal last name (surname) in University systems and records and are used to identify students in the classroom and other places on campus. The University makes every effort to have preferred first names appear throughout our systems, where possible, but your legal first name may be necessary for official University business. Your legal name is used in University processes, including but not limited to:
- Official and unofficial academic transcripts
- Enrollment and degree verifications
- Billing and financial aid records, including the College Opportunity Fund (COF)
- Insurance records (CSU Health Network)
- Legal Housing contracts
- Military and veterans services
- Passport names for international students
- NCAA reports
About your Preferred First Name
After submitting a preferred first name in RAMweb, your preferred first name will be used in the following University processes:
- Class rosters (full legal name will also be listed)
- Advisee rosters (used by advisors; full legal name will also be listed)
- CSU Directory
- CSU Health Network
- CSU email system (@rams.colostate.edu or @colostate.edu) display.
How to change your Preferred First Name
- Sign in with your eID and password
- Select the Menu on the top right corner
- Select “Records” on the right hand side, near the bottom
- Choose “Manage Student Record”
- Select “Preferred First Name”
- Choose the “Edit” button on the top right corner of the box
- Enter your preferred first name and submit
Preferred first names may not be obscene, offensive, or disruptive. The University reserves the right to remove a preferred first name if it contains this language. Please follow up with the Office of the Registrar upon notification that your preferred name has been removed to make further adjustments.
A preferred first name should:
- Be free of special characters (ex: ‘!@%&()$*)
- Start with a capital letter
- Follow the guidelines listed above
- Accurately represent how you want to be addressed on campus
You may need to make the following changes on campus regarding your Preferred First Name:
- Email Alias: Change First.Last name email alias by logging into the eID system.
- As you approach graduation, one of your Registration Ready items in RAMweb will be entering your preferred diploma name. This will also be the name used in the Commencement Program. If you want your preferred first name to be used, you can enter it in the “First Name” field when completing this Registration Ready step.
- RamCards will default to your legal name. Preferred first names may be added to your RamCard after your preferred name has been submitted via RAMweb.
To add your preferred first name to your RamCard: