Final exam week is the last week of each semester. Individual faculty/instructors will share information about the final graded activity via the course syllabus. Not all courses culminate in a final examination; some instructors assign a term or final paper project in lieu of or in addition to the final exam.
Final examination week is part of the regular semester. Student attendance should be consistent with University policy.
Final Exam Policy
The final in-class examination period is intended for the end-of-semester examination. No in-class examination constituting more than 10% of the final course grade may be given in undergraduate courses during the week preceding the final examination period of the semester; laboratory, performance and other alternative classes (e.g., courses in the individualized mathematics program) are excluded from this policy. It is the responsibility of the department head or, where appropriate, the school head to ensure compliance with this policy. Refer to the Academic Faculty and Administrative Professional Manual, 1.6.1.
- Courses for fewer than four credits shall meet for one period. Courses for four or more credits may meet for two periods.
- Classes shall meet only at the times indicated on the final exam schedule. Any exception of regulations numbers 1 or 2 above (e.g., special types of examinations which need more time or special locations to conduct) must be approved by the Office of the Registrar prior to the second week of classes and announced in classes by the second week.
- Classes beginning at times other than on the hour (e.g., 9:30, 2:10, 3:35, etc.) will use the time period assigned for the hour (e.g., 9:00, 2:00, 3:00, etc.). For example, a 9:30 TR class would use the 9:00 TR assigned final examination period.
- If a student has three or more final examinations (not classes) scheduled for the same day or if conflicts of examination times occur, the student may negotiate a time change with the instructors involved. If the parties involved cannot find a mutually agreeable time, the Office of the Registrar will determine which courses must be changed. Note: The Office of the Registrar must be notified at least two weeks prior to Final Examination Week to allow instructors time to make appropriate accommodations.
- Any student who has a conflict with the examination schedule must inform the instructor as soon as possible before the examination. If an agreement cannot be reached between the instructor and student as to the appropriateness of a make-up examination the student should appeal to the department head.
Fall 2021 Final Exam Schedule
Common Final Exams (For students enrolled in the following courses):
Contact your instructor for specific section location.
|Courses||Final Exam Day||Final Exam Time|
|ACT 205, 210, 220||Thurs||2:00-4:00p|
|CHEM 107, 111, 113||Thurs||11:50a-1:50p|
|LSPA 100, 101, 200, 201||Tues||9:40-11:40a|
|MATH 141, 155, 160, 161, 261, 340||Wed||11:50a-1:50p|
|PH 110, 121||Mon||7:30a-9:30a|
|PH 141, 142||Mon||9:40-11:40a|
|STAT 201, 204, 301, 315||Wed||2:00-4:00p|
All Other Courses:
Unless otherwise noted by your instructor, the final exam will be given in your class’s normal meeting location.
|FA21 Course Time/Day Taught||Final Exam Day||Final Exam Time||FA21 Course Time/Day Taught||Final Exam Day||Final Exam Time|
|8 MWF||Mon||11:50a-1:50p||8 TR||Mon||2:00-4:00p|
|9 MWF||Thurs||4:10-6:10p||9 & 9:30 TR||Thurs||6:20-8:20p|
|10 MWF||Tues||11:50a-1:50p||10 TR||Tues||2:00-4:00p|
|11 MWF||Tues||4:10-6:10p||11 TR||Tues||6:20-8:20p|
|12 MWF||Wed||7:30-9:30a||12 & 12:30 TR||Wed||9:40-11:40a|
|1 MWF||Wed||4:10-6:10p||1 TR||Wed||6:20-8:20p|
|2 MWF||Thurs||7:30-9:30a||2 TR||Thurs||9:40-11:40a|
|3 MWF||Mon||4:10-6:10p||3 & 3:30 TR||Mon||6:20-8:20p|
|4 MWF||Fri||7:30-9:30a||4 TR||Fri||9:40-11:40a|
|Mon & Fri evening (classes after 5p)||Mon||8:30-10:30p||Tues evening (classes after 5p)||Tues||8:30-10:30p|
|Wed evening (classes after 5p)||Wed||8:30-10:30p||Thurs evening (classes after 5p)||Thurs||8:30-10:30p|