• A GI Bill® Enrollment Certification request must be submitted to the Veterans Education Benefits office in order to be certified for VA Education Benefits.
  • Report any change to your class enrollment to the Veteran Education Benefits Office immediately. If you do not, you may be certified for the wrong unit load. Changes may result in an overpayment or underpayment of monthly benefit payment.
  • Drop classes by the drop deadline.
  • All class adjustments made after the initial certification will not be processed until after the add/drop period.
  • Repeating Courses: Colorado State University allows students to repeat courses where a D, F, or NP was earned the first time. However, for veterans receiving benefits, know the Department of Veteran Affairs will only pay for repeat courses that require a passing grade to graduate. They will NOT pay for repeat courses taken for the sole purpose of improving your GPA.

Avoiding VA Overpayment

Failure to take classes listed on your approved Degree Audit Report may result in an overpayment and the reduction or termination or benefits. Veterans and dependents assume full liability for any overpayment and will owe money to the Department of Veterans Affairs (DVA). The DVA may deduct the funds from ANY Federal payments (retirement, taxes, disability, etc.)


GI Bill® is a registered trademark of the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA). More information about education benefits offered by VA is available at the official U.S. government Web site at https://www.benefits.va.gov/gibill.