A view of the trees of the Oval at the beginning of winter. The trees have no leaves.

Current Students

Undergraduate Major, Minor, Concentration, or Certificate Changes are accomplished through the Academic Program Change tool. This completely electronic tool streamlines the major, minor, concentration, and certificate change process. For additional information on the tool, contact the Office of the Registrar.

If your Academic Program Change request has expired, contact the department of the program you are trying to add and request they resend the request. You have two weeks from the initial request to approve in RAMweb (Menu > Records > Manage Student Record > Academic Program Change) before it expires. 

Newly Admitted and Readmitted Students

Undergraduate students who are newly admitted or readmitted for a future term can change their primary major through the Office of Admissions before the first day of the term. The easiest way to change your major through Admissions is to:

  1. Log in to RAMweb
  2. In the Admissions section of RAMready, select “check your application status”
  3. Select “Request Major Change” on your application status page
  4. Complete and submit the request form.

Major changes for newly admitted students take up to 24 hours to be updated in RAMweb and in the application status page after they are processed by Admissions. You will be notified if Admissions is unable to change your major to the major you’ve requested.

Readmitted StudentsIf you had a major AND a minor the last time you attended, you must RE-ADD your minor when you readmit.  The minor does not re-add automatically.

CSU Ram Head Flag covered in snow
Many flowers at the CSU Trial Garden

Registration Restrictions

If a student needs to register for a course that has Major, Minor, or Concentration restrictions prior to their Academic Program Change being processed in the Office of the Registrar, they should ask the course instructor or teaching department for a Major, Minor, Concentration Override so they can register for the restricted class.

Graduate Students

Graduate students are already accepted into their respective departments/programs and do not require this form. If you are a graduate student who would like to change specializations within your current program or you would like to change your program entirely, contact the Graduate School for more information. 

Michael Smith Natural Resources building on a summer day