I am a current CSU student planning to take an undergraduate course(s) at another institution to transfer back to CSU. What do I do next?

  1. Determine how the courses will be accepted in transfer. To do so you will need to access Transferology.
  2. If Transferology does not have the desired institution or course listed you will need to take the Transfer Course Equivalency Pre-Approval Form to the academic department which teaches the course you wish to receive credit for.
    • The appropriate academic department must determine if the course(s) can be accepted as the desired equivalent.
    • If the department approves the student’s request the signed form must be returned to the Registrar’s Office prior to the course being transferred to CSU.
  3.  If you wish to take courses at an International institution you will need to have the Registrar’s Office evaluate the courses prior to leaving the country to determine how they will be accepted back in transfer. You may also need to coordinate with the Office of International Programs (depending on your educational experience and/or needs).
    • You need to supply the Registrar’s Office with an English copy of the course description and/or syllabus of each course you wish to take at the International Institution.
    • Send this information via email to international_evaluation@colostate.edu, or bring it in person to the Registrar’s Office in Centennial Hall.
    • Review of course descriptions and/or syllabi can take approximately 7-14 business days for equivalency consideration.
  4. You are responsible for ensuring an official transcript will be sent to the Registrar’s Office after the completion of the off-campus course work. No credit will be evaluated until an official transcript has been received.