The most common Registration changes are listed below. You will also find helpful documents and videos under the Registration System link.

Adding/Dropping Courses

Courses may be added and dropped on RAMweb through the end of the Add/Drop period for the individual class. After the first week of class you must receive an Add Restriction override from the instructor if you wish to add a course. The specific Add/Drop deadline for each course is listed on the online Class Schedule or on your My Weekly Schedule on RAMweb . When an on-campus course is dropped, any charges associated with the course are refunded. For refunds associated with Continuing Education online courses, please go to CSU Online.

A $50 late registration fee will be assessed to any student adding their first class or Continuous Registration on or after the first day of classes.

Withdrawing from Courses

You may withdraw from a course on Ramweb through the end of the Withdraw period for the individual class. The specific date is listed on the online Class Schedule or on your My Weekly Schedule on RAMweb. When you withdraw from a course, a W will appear in place of the grade. This does not affect the GPA. There is no refund of charges associated with the course in the case of a withdrawal for an on-campus course. For charges associated with withdrawing from a Continuing Education online course, please go to CSU Online.

Restricted Drop Courses

Some courses have early drop dates and no withdraw period. These dates are indicated on the Class Schedule and, if you are registered for the course, on your My Weekly Schedule on RAMweb . To drop or withdraw from these courses, a Late Registration Change Request Form must be obtained from the instructor of the course indicating this request. The form must be submitted with a photo ID to the Office of the Registrar before the University add/drop or withdraw deadline.

Variable Credit Courses

If you need to change credits on a variable credit class once you have registered for it, you may do so through the end of the Add/Drop period.

  1. Go to your registration page in RAMweb.  This will show what you are registered for within a given term.
  2. Go to the “Schedule and Options” tab in the upper left and locate the class. Click on the credit amount, which will show the default number of credits underlined, such as 1.
  3. Type in the number of credits hours that you have been approved to take. Click “Submit.”
  4. You will see a “Save Successful” notification.

Adding a Course after Add/Drop Period (Late Registration)

If you need to register for a course after the Add/Drop period for the course you will need to contact the instructor of the course to get a Late Registration Change Request Form. You may speak to the instructor when requesting the form to see if the course will be COF eligible. All late adds are subject to a $50 late fee, as well as all other applicable tuition and fee charges. If the late add was required due to documentable extenuating circumstances or university error a $50 Late Fee Appeal may be submitted to ask that this charge be removed.

Drop or Withdraw from a Course after Add/Drop or Withdrawal Deadline

To drop or withdraw from a course after the Add/Drop or Withdrawal deadlines you must complete a Registration Appeal.  The Registration Appeal form should be printed off and submitted with the appropriate documentation as listed on the checklist to the Office of the Registrar. Normally, a decision is made within four weeks and you will be notified by email.

Please note: The Registration Appeal form should be accompanied by the Instructor Evidentiary Contribution to Student’s Registration Appeal document. This document is attached to the Registration Appeal form.

Withdrawing from all Courses (University Withdrawal)

University Withdrawal refers to a student withdrawing from all classes for a given term, starting the first day of the term and on or before the last day of classes (before Final Exams week).

Any student interested in completing a University Withdrawal for a Fall or Spring term will do so online, through RAMweb. Students are encouraged to discuss their plans to complete a University Withdrawal with the following, as applicable: advisor, Office of Financial Aid, Veterans Education Benefits Office, Student Athlete Support Services, International Student and Scholar Services, CSU Online, the Graduate School, Student Accounts, and the Perkins Loan office. During Summer, students can drop and/or withdraw from all of their courses through Registration on RAMweb, following the applicable course drop and withdrawal deadlines, rather than completing a University Withdrawal.  Due to multiple Summer Sessions, drop and withdrawal dates vary.  The course schedule should be referenced to confirm deadlines.  Students who miss these deadlines due to extenuating and documentable circumstances are encouraged to consult with their advisor.

University Withdrawal assessment rates can be found for each term on the Important Dates. Some fees are not refundable. These include the University Facility Fee, the University Technology Fee, and the Charges for Technology (based on a student’s major).

A comment will appear on your transcript indicating the withdrawal and the date.

Beginning Spring 2017, the schedule for the rate of assessment will change. Please see the the Important Dates calendar for exact dates:

Week 1: 0% assessment
Week 2: 25% assessment
Week 3: 50% assessment
Week 4 through the last day of classes (before Final Exams week): 100% assessment


Academic and administrative offices can place holds on a student’s account for many reasons (academic, financial, etc.). These holds prevent registration and changes to the student’s current registration, including adds, drops, and withdrawals. To learn more, see HOLDS.

Continuous Registration

Continuous Registration is a special status for which graduate students may register in place of credit-bearing courses any semester they are attending Colorado State University, in order to remain admitted to and affiliated with the University. Continuous Registration gives you access to the library, campus computer services, etc. There is a $150.00 fee charged for Continuous Registration, as well as the $25 University Technology Fee. The student will need to register for the course “CR” through RAMweb. For more information, contact the Graduate School at or at 970-491-6817.