Before you can access registration, you must complete Registration Ready!
If you are a new student go to the steps below in the eID accordion to make sure your access and pre-registration steps are completed.
If you are a returning student, complete Registration Ready prior to attempting to register for courses.
HOW DO I REGISTER FOR COURSES?
- Log onto RAMweb .
- After you have completed Registration Ready click on “Go to Registration” at the bottom of the Registration box on your RAMweb homepage.
- On the next page, after reading the Course Drop and Withdrawal and University Withdrawal Information, select “Continue to Registration.”
- Click on “Register for Classes.” On the following page, select the term for which you would like to make registration changes.
- Enter your search criteria and then click “Search.” When the classes appear and you find what you would like to register for, select “add.” (For information about the “view linked” and “add all” options, please see the help documents here)
- The selected course(s) will appear in the Summary section with a status of “Pending.” With the action of “Register on Web” selected, click “Submit.” (For information regarding the “Conditional Add/Drop” button, please see the help documents here)
- For any courses which registration was not successful, an error message will appear in the upper right hand corner of the page.
- To verify that the registration was successful, check to see that the status has turned green with the word “Registered.”
- If you need further assistance, you will find detailed instructions with print screens at https://registrar.colostate.edu/registration/registration-system/.
REGISTRATION ADD ERRORS:
The error message that appears in the upper right hand corner of the screen will list the reason(s) the registration was not successful. Clicking on the Course Title link will open a Class Details box. By selecting “Course Description” tab and/or the “Restrictions” tab, you will find information which can help you to understand why the registration was unsuccessful. For any unsuccessful registrations, you may want to select another section or another course to complete your schedule. You may find that some courses you request are unavailable due to heavy demand. If so, the following options are available to you:
- Try again at a later time to attempt to add the course as space becomes available or register for the waitlist.
- Add another course from those that are recommended or from your alternate list.
- Contact your advisor for assistance in selecting another course.
- Seek an override. To find out more about this, please see Overrides & Overloads.
- For deadlines to make changes in your schedule, please see your “My Weekly Schedule” on RAMweb . The add, drop, and withdraw deadlines for each course are listed beneath the course title. Use this information along with the course information provided by the online search options.
Before registering for classes, you must first have obtained your eID (electronic IDentification). If you have not done so, go to the eID website and select “Register for your eID.”
Once you create your eID, you must wait five hours for it to effective before logging into RAMweb . You will use this eID to log onto RAMweb, RamCT , your RAMS email, and other sites.
All new students and many continuing students are assigned advising codes. This 6-digit number is required before registering and is given to you when you are advised.
Continuing students should contact their major departments for advising.