The Registrar's Office reserves General Assignment Classrooms for Faculty, Staff and registered student organizations only.
Academic & Classroom Scheduling staff will authorize requests of general assignment classrooms based on factors including, but not limited to, availability of facility, facility use priority, appropriateness and general feasibility of facility for use specified, and potential conflict with other activities.
When can I request a General Assignment Classroom?
|If your event will occur…|
|On a weekend||
|5pm or later||
|3pm or later||
|During the day**
**Start time before 3pm
|During Finals Week||
++Please note that critical events will be given priority during all scheduling time periods.
Faculty & Staff - General Assignment Classrooms
Faculty and Staff can reserve general assignment classrooms by logging into the virtual scheduling system, Virtual EMS, located at https://schedule.colostate.edu. Follow the site instructions to log in with your eID username and password. Reservation requests should be submitted at least 3 business days prior to your event. Weekend reservations must be confirmed by close of business on Thursdays. You will receive an email confirmation once your event has been scheduled.
Department Controlled Rooms
Scheduling of Department Rooms for events should be done through the Virtual EMS system. Designated department schedulers can log in to Virtual EMS using the same instructions outlined above.
For questions regarding space or designated schedulers, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Registered Student Organizations
Any student organization that has been registered and authorized through the Student Leadership, Involvement, and Community Engagement (SLiCE) office (click here for registered organizations) may reserve academic classrooms for meetings, study sessions, seminars, etc., based upon availability.
To Reserve a Classroom:
- After your organization has registered with the Student Leadership, Involvement, and Community Engagement (SLiCE) office, it is eligible to reserve a classroom from the Registrar’s Office for the current term. Each time a classroom is requested, a Student Organization Room Reservation Request needs to be submitted to the Registrar’s Office.
- The student organization officer listed on RamLink needs to fill out the Student Organization Room Reservation Request.
- Reservation requests should be submitted at least three business days prior to your event. Weekend reservations must be confirmed by close of business on Thursdays. You will receive an email once your request has been processed.
- Room availability is determined after the completed request is submitted to the Registrar’s Office.
- Additional dates not listed on the original request cannot be added by contacting the Registrar’s Office. Additional date requests require that an additional Student Organization Room Reservation Request be completed.
Activities held in general assignment classrooms shall not adversely impact the physical aspects of the classroom(s) or the research, study, or other academic pursuits in areas adjacent to classrooms. Activities inconsistent with and therefore not approved for general assignment classrooms include amplified music, dances, dinners, parties, alcohol consumption, theater, stage events, performances, child care, and events that require re-furnishing of rooms or removal of equipment.
The activities listed above, as well as large-scale events or any event where the public external to CSU is invited, serves food, includes high risk activities, and/or charges for participation or requests monetary donations will be scheduled through the Facilities Management Scheduling Office or the Lory Student Center to ensure University and State requirements are met. The Registrar’s Office reserves the right to move a group to another general assignment classroom. The Registrar’s Office reserves the right to deny services to any individual or organization which has a prior history of noncompliance with this policy.
General Assignment Classrooms will be released for scheduling by the campus community once academic scheduling is complete for the term. Reservation timelines will be posted on the Registrar’s Website. For non-academic events held Monday- Friday, academic departments, administrative offices, and registered student organizations can reserve large classrooms and auditoriums (> 100 seats) up to 8 times per semester, and up to 2 small- or medium-sized (< 100 seats) general assignment classrooms up to 2 times per week.