Transferring Benefits

To/From a Different Institution

Chapter 30, 31, 33, 1606 and 1607 students must submit form 22-1995, Request for Change of Program or Place of Training Form, to the Registrar’s Office.

Student dependents receiving Dependents Education Assistance (DEA) Chapter 35 benefits must submit the Request for Change of Program or Place of Training Survivors’ and Dependents Educational Assistance Form to the Registrar’s Office.


All forms can be submitted by:

Fax: (970) 491-2283
Mail: Colorado State University
Attn: Veteran's Education Benefits Office
1063 Campus Delivery
Fort Collins, CO 80523-1063
In-Person: 100 Centennial Hall

To a Spouse or Dependent

Assisting students in initiating VA Dependents Education Assistance (DEA) Benefits

Individuals whose service member spouse or parent is killed, missing in action, taken as a POW, or as a veteran, has been rated 100% permanently and totally disabled by the VA, are eligible for DEA Chapter 35 benefits.

The student must first apply to the VA by submitting application form 22-5490 on the VA website at

Additional forms are required by Colorado State University after the VA application is submitted and can be obtained through the Registrar's Office or on the VA forms page.  For more information please contact the Veterans Benefits Office.

Transferring Post 9/11 GI Bill Benefits to a Dependent

Transfer of Entitlement requirements

Transfer are made by a service member on the Department of Defense (DoD) website

The student will need to complete the 22-1990E: Application for Transfer of Entitlement (TOE) form via the VONAPP or the paper version

Once the transfer has been approved and the 22-1990E has been processed by the VA, a Certificate of Eligibility will be mailed to the student.  A copy of the Certificate of Eligibility, along with the completed Colorado State University forms must be submitted to the Veterans Benefits Office.