CSU is getting a new look for Registration! We are excited to announce that CSU has introduced the latest version of registration from our student information system (SIS) vendor.
The new version provides a modern shopping cart experience that allows students to search for classes and add them to their registration requests all on one screen, complete with a weekly class schedule view.
A new Class Schedule search provides several enhanced advanced search tools that were not available in the old search. This is available to staff, faculty and students.
Plan Ahead will replace the Wish List Builder to allow students to start searching for classes they want to take in the upcoming term. Students can save those classes and import them later when their registration appointment time is available. The Wish List Builder will be phased out before Spring 2018 registration begins.
Here are a few of the new features:
- A new class schedule search provides the ability to search for sections that fit into All University Core Curriculum categories without the need to select all subject codes first.
- Registration will have a “shopping cart” to keep the class schedule open and add sections to their “cart” all on one page.
- A new Plan Ahead feature that allows a preview of the class schedule and selection of sections for easy import into Registration when the student appointment time opens.
- Ability to waitlist directly from the class schedule without the need to key in the CRN.
- All registration errors appear at once when a student encounters a problem during registration.
To ease the transition for students and advisors alike, we will be keeping the current registration available to allow students to choose which system they would like to use. We will discontinue using the old system before registration begins for Spring 2018.
Registration Help Documents
Getting to Registration
Basic Searching and Registering
Schedule and Options