Before you can access registration, you must complete Registration Ready!
If you are a new student go to the steps below in the eID accordion to make sure your access and pre-registration steps are completed.
If you are a returning student, complete Registration Ready prior to attempting to register for courses.
HOW DO I REGISTER FOR COURSES?
- Log onto RAMweb .
- Click “Registration” on your RAMweb homepage.
- On the next page, select the correct Registration Term, and then click “Submit”.
- To locate classes, click on the Class Search at the bottom of the Add/Drop Classes page. Once you have selected your class(es), click the checkbox beside the sections you want to register for or type the five-digit Course Reference Numbers (CRNs) for the courses you have selected into the CRN boxes at the bottom.
- Click “Submit Changes”.
- All successfully added courses will appear under Current Schedule with a status of Registered or Registered on Web with the date.
- Any courses for which registration was not successful will appear just above the Add Classes Worksheet and will be identified with a red octagon and the heading of Registration Add Errors.
REGISTRATION ADD ERRORS:
The Status column on the left will list the reason the registration was not successful. Clicking on the CRN link will take you to the Detailed Class Schedule page for that course, which will help you understand why the registration was unsuccessful. For any unsuccessful registrations, you may want to select another section or another course to complete your schedule. You may find that some courses you request are unavailable due to heavy demand. If so, the following options are available to you:
- Try again at a later time to attempt to add the course as space becomes available or register for the waitlist.
- Add another course from those that are recommended or from your alternate list.
- Contact your advisor for assistance in selecting another course.
- Seek an override. To find out more about this, please see Overrides & Overloads.
- For deadlines to make changes in your schedule, please see your “My Weekly Schedule” on RAMweb . The add, drop, and withdraw deadlines for each course are listed beneath the course title. Use this information along with the course information provided by the online search options.
Before registering for classes, you must first have obtained your eID (electronic IDentification). If you have not done so, go to the eID website and select “Register for your eID.”
Once you create your eID, you must wait five hours for it to effective before logging into RAMweb . You will use this eID to log onto RAMweb, RamCT , your RAMS email, and other sites.
All new students and many continuing students are assigned advising codes. This 6-digit number is required before registering and is given to you when you are advised.
Continuing students should contact their major departments for advising.