Please check here for the most current UPDATES!
It is IMPERATIVE that you keep track of how much time you have remaining with your benefit. The VA does not communicate that information to us and if we are not aware that you are close to or have exhausted your benefit you may experience a mid-semester change in benefit. This can result in the removal of your VA placeholder for tuition and fee payment and you would be responsible for payment back to CSU or the VA.
According to the VA, the average time required for payment is 8 weeks. However, this is not a definitive number. If you would like to have a better idea of when to expect payment we would recommend the following:
- Call the VA National Call Center at 1-888-442-455.
- Pose a question in writing and get a reply back by going to www.gibill.va.gov.
- Contact our office for assistance.
A New Start for Student Veterans
The New Start Program is here to support post 9/11 veterans who have sustained injuries and/or are living with post-traumatic stress as they transition from military to college life. Through this program you can receive:
- assistance getting organized
- using tools and strategies to help with memory, concentration and physical challenges
- using technology to make learning easier
- planning for and tackling difficult assignments
- and excelling at your new mission – to get a degree from CSU.
There is also the New Start outdoor recreation program where you can go climbing, rafting, fishing, hiking, running and an array of other activities with fellow student veterans. New Start supports are provided to student veterans at no charge. To get started send an email to: email@example.com or call 970-491-5930.