Occasionally there may be a difference between the grade roll on ARIESweb and an instructor’s records.
Once the difference is identified, an instructor may submit a discrepancy email to the Registrar’s Office. This may be done through the Discrepancy Submission link on the Instructor Grade Input page. If the Discrepancy Submission link does not open an email, you may not have an email client installed on your computer. Please use webmail.colostate.edu to send an email to the Registrar’s Office at firstname.lastname@example.org. This email should include the course, subject, and section along with the student’s CSUID, last name, first name, the reason for the discrepancy, and the grade when applicable.
Reasons for differences between the grade roll on ARIESweb and the instructor’s records will fall into three categories.
Credit Discrepancy (variable credit sections only)
- The student is not registered for enough credits – State the number of credits for which the student should be registered
- The student registered for too many credits – State the number of credits for which the student should be registered
Class List Discrepancy
- The student attended the class and earned a grade but is not on the Class List – Include the grade the student received in the Discrepancy email
- The student registered for the wrong section/course – Include the course/section for which the student should be registered and the grade to be assigned
- If there is a difference between the grade roll and the instructor’s records due to non-attendance by the student, a discrepancy is not to be submitted to the Registrar’s Office. The grade earned is to be assigned to the student.
- The student did not fulfill the requirements to receive an Audit grade as defined by the instructor
- The student was completing an Incomplete, ‘I’, grade from a prior term and should not be registered for the course this term – Include the grade the student should receive for the course in a previous term